In 2015, the LPGA Foundation began a new, exciting journey, as we introduced a two-day LPGA Leadership Academy to keep teenage girls engaged in golf and prepare them for leadership opportunities.
The LPGA Leadership Academy uses golf as a vehicle to provide a framework for young women to develop their confidence, communication, and leadership skills.
Group exercises, expert led discussions, journaling and interaction with female executives and mentors help girls discover their unique strengths and leadership style.
We use the game of golf as a platform and learning tool to:
- teach girls how to become better decision makers
- overcome and let go of set backs
- take calculated risks and "Lean In"
- develop skills to accomplish specific goals
- play their own game and find their own voice
Forty participants receive a scholarship to participate in this unique event which will be hosted in five states in 2018.
To get more details, go to: www.girlsgolf.org/events/leadership-academy